This year's National Day of Prayer will take place on Wednesday 25th November 2020 and we are delighted to share some prayer resources to equip you and your congreagtion for the day.
You can find the resources here.
We invite you and your congregation to join us in praying for the nation and for people in the nation, especially during these days of uncertainty when we can call upon the Lord “who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think…”. (Ephesians 3:20)
This year, we will be focusing on praying both for and with three different age groups in our congregations: children, teenagers and young adults. The following resources were created in partnership with workers in the church and are available for each age group:
- “Church Resource” – for the congregation to use to pray for the age group
- “[Child/Teen/YA] Resource” – for the age group to use for themselves (or for parents of children to use); these have been designed specifically to engage children, teenagers and young adults in prayer.
- “Poster” – a NDOP 2020 poster specific to the age group
- “Poster_Print” – a NDOP 2020 poster specific to the age group and to be used for printing only
There are also other resources available which are more general:
- “General Prayer Resource” – praying about the nation: Covid-19, the church, the nation’s leaders and injustices in our society.
- “General Poster” – a general NDOP 2020 poster
- “General Poster_Print” – a general NDOP 2020 poster to be used for printing only
The above resources are not exhaustive in their scope and we encourage local congregations to make use of them in a way which fits in well with their own context.
Given the current lockdown restrictions, meeting together for prayer in person may not be possible, and so we encourage you to make use of video and telephone calls to connect with others and pray together. You could even join with another congregation or two in online meetings, giving a tangible expression of denomination-wide unity on this National Day of Prayer.